The Diocese of St. Petersburg is seeking a full-time Regional Associate Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry for Pinellas County, the final of three associates to be hired in light of “Courageously Living the Gospel” and the mission of the Diocese. The Regional Associate Director enables the Office for Youth and Young Adult Ministry to assist the parishes, parish youth ministry leaders, and the Catholic secondary schools of the diocese in the design and collaborative implementation of quality youth and young adult ministry programs.
The Regional Associate Director fosters a comprehensive and holistic approach to youth and young adult ministry on a regional level that recognizes the cultural, developmental and spiritual diversity among the adolescent and young adult Catholics. He/She will be a part of a larger team, that collectively, in partnership with local pastors and parish youth and young adult leaders and campus ministers will work to build a youth ministry culture that proclaims, invites, and encounters.
The ideal candidate will:
· Be a practicing Catholic;
· Hold a Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in an area of pastoral ministry, theology, religious education, administration/leadership, youth ministry and/or appropriately related field;
- Possess a working understanding of Pastoral Juvenil and collegiate campus ministry;
· Be able to identify ways to build and evaluate comprehensive Catholic Youth and
Young Adult Ministry at the parish, school, and Diocesan level;
· Plan, organize, facilitate, direct, delegate and manage the work of the office and events for the young Church in the region and diocese at large;
· Have a fluency in the Spanish language (desired);
· Must successfully complete a Level II FBI background screening and complete Safe Environment training course.
This position will seek to serve the needs of the parish and school communities in Pinellas County. The desired start time for this position is April 1, though may vary slightly based on business needs. It is also negotiable to some extent due to current employment obligations. This position is full-time exempt.