The Diocese of St. Petersburg is seeking two (2) full-time Regional Associate Directors of Youth and Young Adult Ministry to be hired in light of the mission of the Diocese, “Courageously Living the Gospel.” The Regional Associate Directors enable the Office for Youth and Young Adult Ministry to assist the parishes, parish youth ministry leaders, and the Catholic secondary schools of the diocese in the design and collaborative implementation of quality youth and young adult ministry programs.
The primary role of the Regional Associate Directors is to accompany ministry leaders in building and evaluating comprehensive Catholic Youth and Young Adult Ministry at the parish, school, and Diocesan levels. They foster a comprehensive and holistic approach to youth and young adult ministry on a regional level that recognizes the cultural, developmental and spiritual diversity among adolescent and young adult Catholics. They will be part of a larger team that collectively, in partnership with local pastors and parish youth and young adult leaders and campus ministers, will work to build a dynamic youth ministry culture across the Diocese.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a practicing Catholic;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in an area of pastoral ministry, theology, religious education, administration/leadership, youth ministry and/or appropriately related field;
- Be well-versed in the documents Renewing the Vision and Christus Vivit;
- Possess a working understanding of Pastoral Juvenil, young adult ministry, and collegiate campus ministry;
- Have excellent communication skills and be proficient in the use of social media and web development;
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in youth ministry or a related field;
- Have reliable transportation to assist with regular, ongoing site visits throughout the region and Diocese;
- Have a fluency in the Spanish language (preferred);
- Pass Level II Fingerprinting and complete Safe Environment training.
These positions will seek to serve the needs of the parish and school communities throughout the Diocese and specifically within their assigned regions. The desired start time for these positions is June 1, though one position could begin as early as April 1. It is also negotiable to some extent due to current employment obligations. This position is full-time, exempt.
Candidate must successfully pass a Level II FBI Background Screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
Applications will be accepted through February 22, 2022. To apply, please click here: