St. Michael the Archangel Parish
St Michael the Archangel Parish in Hudson, FL, is looking for a Sacristan. This position is part time; 15-19 hours/week, however a full-time position is possible with other available part-time job openings. See additional part-time openings for St Michael the Archangel Parish in Hudson, FL
The Sacristan is a pastoral position reporting to the Pastor. The Sacristan is charged with the most important responsibility of preparing the Church, with specific attention to the Altar, for the ministers and members of the assembly who will worship together at the service. The Sacristan is a person of faith, committed to gospel values, responsible management of the parish’s physical assets, and helps the parish fulfill its mission and purpose.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Prepares the items necessary for the celebration of the liturgy: books, vestments, vessels, linens, and Bread & Wine.
- Maintain the Sacrarium in a manner conducive for the reverent disposal of sacred substances.
- Maintain the ritual books… Roman Missal, Lectionary, and the Book of Gospels
- Prepares the Church and Altar for Funeral and Memorial Masses.
- Schedules all liturgical ministries and coordinates schedule with Parish office
- Acts as the liaison between the various lay ministers and the Priest during the liturgy celebrations.
- Recruit and train part-time volunteer sacristans to assist at liturgies.
Candidate must successfully pass a Level II FBI Background Screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
Please submit cover letter/email along with resume to Rita Gordon, Parish Administrator at: firstname.lastname@example.org