St. Peter the Apostle, Trinity
Part Time St. Peter R.O.C.K.S. Youth Minister (Roman Catholic teens Offering Community, Knowledge, & Service)
This part time position is responsible for providing leadership, vision, and implementation of a comprehensive and dynamic program for youth in middle school and high school.
St. Peter R.O.C.K.S. is open to all teens looking for faith and fellowship whether or not they have been Confirmed. (9th thru 12th grade plus 8th grade students who have been confirmed).
Youth group meets Sunday evenings from 6:00pm – 7:30pm. In addition to preparing and attending weekly classes, the incumbent is responsible for recruiting and leading student volunteers for various projects during the school year.
- Create and implement a comprehensive Youth Ministry program for high school students;
- Plan and lead weekly youth meetings and formation sessions for youth;
- Recruit and train student volunteers;
- Develop opportunities for youth leadership, fellowship and service
- Administration and collaboration with Faith Formation Core team to integrate youth into the life of the parish;
- Excellent people management skills, a good listener, motivational and willing to work as a team player.
Skills & Experience:
- Catechetical experience in a parish faith formation, youth ministry program or Catholic school setting is preferred;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to recruit and lead teams of volunteers;
- Communication skills with youth, teens, parents, and parish staff;
- Writing and computer skills with experience in social media; social and organization skills, with an orientation to details.
- Knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Active Catholic in good standing with the Church;
- Certificate in Youth Ministry is preferred;
- Able to work independently with little supervision;
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail;
- Strong working knowledge of computers and proficiency in social media and software programs;
- Candidates should hold or be working toward a bachelor’s degree;
- Must successfully complete a Level II FBI background screening and Safe Environment training.
Please fax or email resume with cover letter to 727-264-8969 or email@example.com.