St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store
SUMMARY: The truck driver provides exceptional service to donors and customers to ensure the success of the store in support of the mission and programs of the St. Vincent de Paul Council of Upper Pinellas County.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives box truck to provide safe, on-time and dependable transportation for pickups and deliveries of furniture and other items on a pre-scheduled route.
- Loads and unloads furniture, bedding and other items safely and without damage.
- Utilizes safety belts, lifts, dollies and other equipment to assist with heavy items and to prevent personal injury.
- Operates the vehicle in a safe and responsible manner, observing all rules of the road as well as those established by management.
- Disassembles and assembles donated and delivered items.
- Checks and inspects all furniture and other items for any damage, assessing resale eligibility of all items.
- Moves, prices and stages furniture on sales floor.
- Maintains records of pickups and deliveries to account for all items.
- Communicates effectively with donors and customers to ensure efficient pickups and deliveries.
- Ensures accountability for gas cards and receipts.
- Presents a neat and clean appearance, promoting a positive, courteous and safe work environment.
- Cleans and maintains truck, referring maintenance issues to store manager as needed.
- Assists donors and customers with excellent customer service.
- Works collaboratively with other members of the team.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission, vision and philosophy of St. Vincent de Paul.
- Adheres to organizational policies, procedures and processes.
- Other duties as assigned, including cashiering, receiving, sorting and pricing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ANDS ABILITIES:
- Experienced driving skills
- Ability to follow maps and directions
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with donors and other employees
- Ability to break down furniture and reassemble it
- Ability to move furniture in and out of donors’ and customers’ homes to limit damage to home or donated items
- Ability to remain calm and troubleshoot/handle vehicle service issues independently
- Team-oriented to achieve organizational objectives
- Ability to work weekends
- Dependable transportation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move heavy furniture. The employee must be able to physically navigate stairs, narrow spaces and tolerate heat while lifting and transporting heavy objects up to 80 pounds, usually with a partner.
To apply, please send resume to: Bernice@svdpclearwaterfl.org