St. Michael the Archangel Parish
We are seeking a full-time Youth and Young Adult Minister who is a fully initiated Catholic in good standing with a solid understanding of the teachings of the faith. The primary responsibilities of this position are: Middle and High School Youth Ministry; Baptism Preparation; Confirmation Preparation Program; R.C.I.A.; and the R.C.I.C. The Youth and Young Adult Minister must be able to build relationships with middle and high school students and their parents, as well as, young families who are interested in becoming Catholic or are interested in having a child baptized or confirmed.
- A practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
- Clear and solid understanding of the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Basic understanding of the Scriptures.
- Able to relate well to all youths, young adults, and parents.
- Create and coordinate regular meetings with the youth of the parish.
- Able to recruit and train volunteers to assist in the ministry.
- Responsible for development and implementation of sacramental preparation for baptism and confirmation.
- Capable of creatively promoting ministry events.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- B.A. Degree preferred
- Youth Ministry Certification preferred
- Prior Experience in Youth Ministry
Candidate must successfully pass a Level II FBI Background Screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
Temporary Housing is available.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Father James Ruhlin at: firstname.lastname@example.org.