St. Paul Parish
We are seeking a Full-time Youth Minister who is a fully initiated Catholic in good standing, with a profound relationship with the Lord and His Church. The Youth Minister, among other duties, will work closely with our Youth Group Core team and be expected to gather and involve many people in ministry for and with young people, seeking to animate the whole parish in this pastoral activity. Must be willing to be an active member of our parish.
This position is a full-time exempt position and works under the guidance of the pastor, the parochial vicars, and deacons, and reports directly to the DRE.
The Youth Minster will be overseeing the Youth Ministry Group on Sunday evenings, and with the consultation of the DRE, will develop the curricular calendar 2022-23, and assign roles to all the Core Volunteer and Parent Volunteers that will facilitate the Youth Ministry gatherings and other events and fieldtrips.
- Able to relate well to all youth and parents
- Possess good organizational and communication skills
- Promote “intentional discipleship” opportunities with families and catechists
- Able to plan and manage a budget
- Proficient in modern technologies of communication
- Responsible for weekly bulletin information and promoting use of all media available
- Coordinate weekly gatherings for the teens and organize 2 youth retreats in the year
- Able to inspire, motivate, recruit and train teens as well as Core group and volunteers
- Coordinate and promote Good Friday Stations of the Cross dramatization, live Nativity reenactment and House Blessings during Epiphany
- Coordinate periodic “XLT” adoration nights
- Coordinate Baccalaureate Mass & reception for graduating Seniors
- Provide teen volunteers for month long Pumpkin Patch, our largest fundraiser in October and facilitate games for little children at the “Fall Fest” on a Friday in October
- Partake in national youth evangelization programs such as NCYC, Steubenville Conferences, Life Teen, etc.
- Able to administer the NCEA Assessment of Catholic Religious Education (ACRE) for grade 11 each year.
- Able to manage and promote safe environment guidelines and health and wellness protocols for teens, core team and volunteers.
- Be available for Sunday Mass and other parish events throughout the year
- B.A., preferred in Theology (or related) and youth ministry certification.
- Candidate should have minimum 2 years’ experience in Youth Ministry, experience in organizing retreats and teen’s activities.
Candidate must successfully pass a Level II FBI background screening and attend Safe Environment Training.
Qualified candidates should send an email to Carmen Cayon at: firstname.lastname@example.org .