St. Jerome Catholic Church
St. Jerome Catholic Church is currently accepting applications for a full-time Youth Ministry Assistant to help with the various duties of our Youth Ministry Program. The Youth Ministry Assistant is responsible for supporting our Mission of serving our Middle School, Senior High and Confirmation Preparation Program as well as providing logistical and organizational support to the Youth Minister of the Parish. The candidate should have some experience in Youth Ministry, even previously as a participant. This position requires general knowledge of the teachings of the Catholic Church.
This position will be responsible for the coordination of administrative requirements to support all High School and Middle School Youth Ministry parish-based activities. This would include, but not be limited to:
- Weekly High School Life Nights
- Weekly Middle School Edge nights
- Frequently scheduled service opportunities and retreats
- Annual large group camp/retreat experiences (Life Teen/Edge Summer Camps, March for Life, World Youth Day)
- Creation of promotional material and media for Youth Ministry events, utilizing Constant Contact eBlasts, bulletin items and all social media outlets
- Build, form, and actively engage in relational ministry opportunities with students and parents
- Full support for preparation and reception of the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Assistance with proper Sacramental Record keeping for Confirmation
Qualifications and Skills:
- Very Strong Organizational Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- Strong computer skills
- Demonstration of a strong collaborative approach to working as part of a parish staff team
- Familiarity and experience with Social Networks such as Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- A strong understanding and ability to articulate the Catholic faith to young people
- Have catechetical experience in a parish faith formation, youth ministry or Catholic school setting
- Fully-initiated, practicing Roman Catholic
This position will entail approximately 40 hours per week and will report to Deacon Cris Stout, our Parish Manager, for all things related to Human Resources. The Youth Ministry Assistant will also be directly supervised by Mr. Mike Guarino, Youth Minister, for all things related to the ministry as such.
St. Jerome Catholic Church is located in Largo, Florida and is minutes from Indian Rocks Beach. St. Jerome parish covers an area of west mid-Central Pinellas county with approximately 1,700 registered families and is actively seeking ways to meet the various spiritual and physical needs of the youth of our parish.
Candidate must successfully complete a Level II FBI background screening and complete Safe Environment Training
How to apply: Please email cover letter along with resume to: Deacon Cris Stout at: firstname.lastname@example.org