This February 7-14, 2019, we will celebrate National Marriage Week! This annual observance is a great opportunity to reflect on the gift marriage is to our Church and our country. We also hope it will encourage conversation on how strong marriages promote and sustain strong societies by curtailing poverty and benefiting children.
Here’s how you can join us this week:
- Spend a little dedicated time in prayer and reflection by participating in our seven-day virtual retreat (also available in PDF) focused on marriage. This year the retreat theme is “Marriage: Made for a Reason.”
- Pray a rosary for married couples and families with us! Join the livestream on Friday, February 8th at 3:00pm EST on the USCCB Facebook Page.
- Invite your parish community to pray for marriage with these Prayers of the Faithful for National Marriage Week.
- Enter our online contest each day of National Marriage Week on the For Your Marriage Facebook page.
- Join us virtually for a Facebook Live on the USCCB Facebook Page with USCCB Marriage and Family Life Staff at 2:00pm EST on Wednesday February 13th.
- Find more resources on the USCCB National Marriage Week page, including a Preaching Resource for clergy, a letter from Archbishop Chaput and a flyer for your parish.
And here’s some resources to build up your marriage all year long:
- Listen to Marriage Unique for a Reason’s Made for Love Podcast, which tells the stories of real people living out the call to love. Here are some of our favorites episodes on marriage:
- Take a look at our Daily Marriage Tips. Maybe you’ll find a new idea to strengthen your relationship.
- Visit the website of Worldwide Marriage Encounter, which provides numerous resources for celebrating World Marriage Day.
- The website for National Marriage Week offers helpful ideas for building up your own marriage, recommended reading, supporting marriage in the community and much more. There’s also a listing of marriage-building events throughout the country.