Requests for Papal Blessings on parchment can be sent to the Elemosineria Apostolica – Office of Papal Charities only by regular post or by fax but, not by e-mail.
All information and instructions for requesting a Papal Blessing is listed on the Office of Papal Charities’ website:
The Apostolic Blessing is granted for the following occasions:
- Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation
- Priestly Ordination
- Religious Profession
- Secular Consecration
- Ordinations of Permanent Deacons
- Marriage Anniversaries (10, 25, 40, 50 , 60 years)*, Priestly Ordination, Religious Profession
- Birthdays (18, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100)*
- Catholic individuals or families (with name and surname of the spouses united in a religious marriage)
Requests for Papal blessings for other occasions will not be accepted.
The asterisk (*) indicates the need for the nihil obstat or approval of ecclesiastical authority. In the Diocese of St. Petersburg, the pastor of a parish has permission to grant the approval of ecclesiastical authority. Please contact your parish office if you wish to obtain a Papal blessing for any of the reasons marked by an asterisk. Otherwise, you may request the blessing yourself.
The request should include:
– the name, surname and address of the person making the request
– the name and surname of the person(s) for whom the blessing is being requested
– the reason or occasion prompting the request
– the date, the name of the Church and the address are required when the blessing is requested for the celebration of a sacrament, a religious profession or an anniversary
– the address of where to send the parchment and payment details.
The payment should be made after you receive the Papal blessing. It is possible to make the payment in one of two ways:
– via a bank transfer (the banking coordinates will be sent to you in the same parcel as the parchment)
– or by online credit card payment via the website.
The account will reflect:
– the cost of the parchment (ranging from 13 to 25 euros according to the model chosen by the office for the specific occasion)
– and the postage costs (outside Italy according to the destination).
For normal postage 10-16 euros or with express courier (DHL) 18-30 euros.
The time required for receiving the parchment is approximately one month from the date when the request is received.
Requests made by telephone or email are not permitted.
Elemosineria Apostolica Parchment Office
00120 Vatican City
Telephone: (+39) 06.69873279 – (+39) 06.69871100
(office hours: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. [UTC+1 : CET – Central European Time])
Telefax: (+39) 06.69883132 (24 hours)