How to Report Abuse of a Child or Vulnerable Adult
Reporting abuse can be a frightening consideration. The Diocese of St. Petersburg wants to make this process as safe as possible and will proceed appropriately, respecting your need for healing. Our Victim Assistance Coordinator will accompany you through any or all of the stages of the process.
It is in a spirit of justice and compassion that we respond to your allegation. We offer a pastoral outreach to assist you in voicing your concerns. Most importantly, we want to help you find true healing and peace through Jesus Christ, the Good Shepherd.
If Someone is in Immediate Danger
If you are a victim of abuse, or you suspect that a child or a vulnerable adult is being abused by anyone, Call law enforcement (911) or the Florida Abuse Hotline (Department of Children and Families) at 1-800-96-ABUSE (1-800-962-2873) or click here to report abuse online at the Florida Department of Children and Families website.
How to Report Abuse to the Diocese by Someone Serving in Ministry
- To report abuse within the Diocese of St. Petersburg involving church personnel (clergy, a church employee or volunteer) or a contractor/vendor, you may also call our Victim Assistance Coordinator via the diocesan Victim Assistance Hotline at 1-866-407-4505 or via email to email@example.com. Please include your first and last name, your contact information and how you would prefer to be contacted.
- Or you can write to:
Bishop Gregory L. Parkes, P.O. Box 40200, St. Petersburg, FL 33743
(Mark “CONFIDENTIAL– FOR THE BISHOP ONLY” on the envelope)
- To report abuse or sexual misconduct involving a bishop, click here for the Catholic Bishop Reporting Service website.
PLEASE NOTE: The contacts provided on this website are only to be used for reporting sexual misconduct or interference in sexual abuse investigations by bishops of the United States.
Wherever the abuse might have taken place, even if it occurred in another diocese and you now reside within the Diocese of St. Petersburg, our Victim Assistance Coordinator (Phone: 1-866-407-4505; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) will assist you in bringing your concerns to church officials where the abuse occurred.
We will help you obtain support by providing:
- Assistance and accompaniment through the reporting process
- Information about counseling and/or individual therapy
- Information to help you heal spiritually through a spiritual companion or a healing group
A Prayer for Healing
“A Prayer for Healing,” offered by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (in both English and Spanish), can be located and downloaded by clicking the following link.