Courage is a group of Catholics who experience same-sex attractions and who are committed to helping one another to live chaste lives marked by prayer, fellowship and mutual support. Our members are guided by caring priest chaplains who offer reconciliation and spiritual direction. Together they pursue the Five Goals of Courage, which guide our meetings and become our rule of life. Confidential meetings take place twice per month at two locations for convenience; North Tampa and St. Petersburg. This support ministry is sponsored by our Diocese. Contact: email@example.com or call 954-778-2101. For more information about Courage International please visit www.couragerc.org
2017 Promo Video for Courage International
- To live chaste lives in accordance with the Roman Catholic Church’s teaching on homosexuality. (Chastity)
- To dedicate our entire lives to Christ through service to others, spiritual reading, prayer, meditation, individual spiritual direction, frequent attendance at Mass, and the frequent reception of the sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Eucharist. (Prayer and Dedication)
- To foster a spirit of fellowship in which we may share with one another our thoughts and experiences, and so ensure that no one will have to face the problems of homosexuality alone. (Fellowship)
- To be mindful of the truth that chaste friendships are not only possible but necessary in a chaste Christian life; and to encourage one another in forming and sustaining these friendships. (Support)
- To live lives that may serve as good examples to others. (Good Example/Role Model)
EnCourage is a spiritual support group for family members and friends of men and women who experience same-sex attractions. Standing by the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, EnCourage members support one another and their loved ones through discussion, prayer, fellowship, and sacrifice.
Our confidential meeting will gather once a month in South Tampa. This support ministry is sponsored by our diocese. To receive more information about attending this meeting email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 813.570.1163. To learn more about Encourage International visit www.couragerc.org
- To grow spiritually through spiritual reading, prayer, meditation, individual spiritual direction, frequent attendance at Mass, and the frequent reception of the Sacraments of Penance and Holy Eucharist.
- To gain a deeper understanding of the needs, difficulties, and challenges experienced by men and women with SSA.
- To establish and maintain a healthy and wholesome relationship with their loved ones with SSA.
- To assist other family members and friends to reach out with compassion and truth, and not to reject, their loved ones with SSA.
- To witness to their loved ones by their own lives that fulfillment is to be found in Jesus Christ through His Body, the Church.