As we gather again to be joyfully present for the celebration of Mass, each of us is asked to do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19. During this pandemic, we are asked to take the following precautions to honor each life given to us by God and show charity for the well-being of our neighbors.
- Stay home if you are ill, elderly, anxious or have underlying health conditions. Bishop Parkes has dispensed all Catholics in the Diocese of St. Petersburg from their Sunday Mass obligation until further notice.
- Maintain six feet of social distance from others who are not from the same household at all times while in the church or on church property.
- Show patience and kindness as parishes restrict attendance for social distancing
- Use a face mask or face covering. (Face covering should be removed before receiving Holy Communion.)
- Refrain from physical contact, such as holding hands during the Our Father.
- Sanitize hands when entering and leaving church. Bring personal supply of hand sanitizer to use before receiving Communion, if possible.
- Consider receiving Holy Communion on the hand.