News & Events
Since 2018, the Diocese of St. Petersburg has been Courageously Living the Gospel, our diocesan mission statement which defines who we are and how we live our faith as Church. In appreciation for those have supported our mission in exemplary ways, Bishop Parkes launched the Mater Dei Giving Society on November 9, 2020 at a special live stream event featuring evening prayer and conversation. Named in honor of our Blessed Mother, the Mater Dei Giving Society recognizes those helping our diocese put our faith into action so the world can see who we are by the good works we do in Christ’s name in three special categories.
This was Bishop Parkes first interactive live stream event, and he enjoyed providing guests with an update on our progress in addressing our three diocesan goals of serving the poor, accompanying our youth and young adults and sharing our faith. During his update shared, “These are huge goals. They are challenging and ambitious, and it is inspirational to see them gain traction.”
In the future, Bishop Parkes will make plans to spend time with the members of the Mater Dei Giving Society. Events may include gatherings, special Masses, morning and evening prayer, receptions and perhaps more virtual events, and more.
You are invited to view the video of our live stream launch on the right, along with a behind the scenes look at what went into hosting this interactive live stream event!
- Sustained giving for 10 years (this year’s members have given every year since 2010)
- Includes gifts of any amount to the Annual Pastoral Appeal, Spirit FM 90.5 and/or the Catholic Foundation
- 5,300 members in 2020
- Renewed each year
- Includes gifts of $5,000 or more to the Annual Pastoral Appeal, Spirit FM 90.5, Catholic Charities and/or the Catholic Foundation in 2019 and/or 2020
- 250 members in 2020
- Renewed each year
- Includes any person who has disclosed a planned gift from an estate, created an endowment, Charitable Gift Annuity or provided a beneficiary designation disclosure
- Includes legacy gifts for parishes, missions, Catholic schools, Catholic Charities, Spirit FM 90.5, the Catholic Foundation and diocesan ministries.
- 90 members in 2020
- Lifetime membership
To become a member or learn more about the Mater Dei Giving Society, please contact the Office of Stewardship and Development by email.