The Diocese of St Petersburg and its parishes, schools and ministries are staffed by dedicated professionals. These individual members of the clergy, religious and employees have worked for one or more of the diocesan entities over the course of their career in service. Upon retirement, they may qualify for participation in the Pension Program and various insurance programs offered through the diocese. The Office of Retirement Service is the primary resource for programs available to these retirees and, along with the Pension Administrator, Gabriel, Roeder, Smith and Co., Health Insurance Plan through Meritain Health, and Life Insurance through The Hartford , provides a direct contact to them for all services related to retirement and retirement programs.
• This office is dedicated to providing services to the clergy, religious and lay retirees from the diocese.
• This office works directly for the Executive Director of Human Resources and in cooperation with Payroll and
Benefits Departments to provide support to retirees.
• Coordinates all Retirement Benefits from Meritain Health, The Hartford , and the Pension Administrator.
• Provides direct support to retirees for resolving benefit issues, disputes and questions.
• Coordinates billing and collection of retiree insurance premiums.
• Coordinates processing of future retirement services including pension and insurance benefits requests.
• The Retirement Services Office works in cooperation with the Chancellor’s office to coordinate services for
retired clergy and the Office of Vicar for Religious for services to members of Religious Orders.
• Resolution of retirement and benefit issues, disputes, and questions for priests will be made by the
Chancellor’s office with support from Retirement Services.