There are countless ways you can use your gifts from God to give back to your parish and our local Church community. Contact your local parish and find out if they need volunteers for any of their ministries.
Here are a few suggested volunteer ideas:
- Get trained to become a Eucharistic Minister to the Homebound
- Visit your elderly neighbors or invite them over for a meal
- Visit a nursing home/assisted living facility
- Mentor a child
- Donate food or clothing to a food pantry or serve in a local soup kitchen
- Volunteer at a pregnancy center or maternity home
- If you are a nurse or doctor, consider helping with your parish’s nursing ministry, Catholic Mobile Medical Services or a local free clinic
- Do you organize fundraisers for a living? Consider helping your parish organize and run a fundraiser.
- Are you good with technology? Join your parish’s Technology Team.
- Do you have a green thumb? Help your parish maintain the Church grounds.
- Do you cut and style hair? Consider volunteering your talent helping the homeless at Pinellas Hope get prepared for job interviews.
- Do you have some carpentry skills? Consider getting involved with Habitat for Humanity.
Looking for a specific ministry that might not be available at your parish? Call the Office of Life, Justice & Advocacy Ministry at 727-344-1611 ext. 5325 or email email@example.com.