Lent is a beautiful time to return to Church and practice your faith. You will not be alone because, during Lent, every Catholic is called to renew their faith, break sinful habits, and embrace the Gospel with greater zeal. We are all sinners who seek the merciful love of Our Heavenly Father and a share in Christ’s victory over sin.
In his Lenten Message, Pope Francis says,” Lenten penance is a commitment, sustained by grace, to overcoming our lack of faith and our resistance to following Jesus on the way of the cross.”
During Lent, we are reminded to turn away from faithless ways and to be renewed in our faith. We are encouraged to raise up the needs of the world in prayer, to sacrifice or fast by giving up food or material wants, and to offer our time, talent, and treasure as good stewards of the gifts God has given us.
Here is a Lenten message from Bishop Gregory Parkes:
Here are some helpful resources about the three pillars of Lent:
Additional Resources for Your Lenten Journey
- Sign Up for Daily Gospel Reflections
- USCCB Lenten Resources | 2022 Lenten Calendar
- Pope’s Lenten Message | English – Spanish
- Learning about Confession
- Catholic Apostolate Center Resources
- Parish Lenten/Easter Guidelines (bilingual English & Spanish)
- Journey with CRS Rice Bowl for Lent
- Meatless Meal Recipes from CRS Rice Bowl