Original Goal: Every parish will equip parishioners as Missionary Disciples who are inspired to invite and accompany others by Pentecost 2020.
Why this is essential for our future: In March of 2021, a U.S. Gallup Poll found that U.S. Church membership across all faith traditions fell below the majority of adults for the first time in the survey’s history. Each Catholic is called by baptism to be a disciple of Christ and to make other disciples.
What We Accomplished: Many parishes have remained connected to parishioners via technology and communication tools and are helping children, teens, and adults to continue their growth in the faith despite the challenges of COVID-19. Diocesan partnerships with Dynamic Catholic/Dynamic Parish, Revive Parish, and other best practice resources have provided numerous parishes the opportunity to equip parishioners as missionary disciples.
New Goal: Parish teams will gather in regional sessions to plan strategies for fostering and empowering missionary disciples. Every parish will equip parishioners as Missionary Disciples who are inspired to invite and accompany others by July 1, 2022.
Click here to find current and ongoing free programs, events, tools for ministry formation and parishioner formation to prepare all as Missionary Disciples equipped for Courageously Living the Gospel!
For more information, contact Diane Kledzik, Interim Executive Director for Missionary Discipleship at firstname.lastname@example.org or 727-344-1611.
- Article April 2022: Parish Growth Summit was Historic Opportunity
- Article March 2021: Invitation Leads to Life-Changing Experience
- Article March 2021: Young Adult Becomes Catholic Before Leaving for Military Service
- Article March 2021: “I Needed a Savior”
- Article January 2021: Unbound Ministry Brings Healing through Christ
- Article January 2021: Alpha Ministry Leads to New Encounters with Christ
- Article March 2020: Locals from around the Diocese of St. Petersburg Make the Courageous Decision to Become Catholic
- Article January 2020: New Video Series Inspires Catholics to be Ambassadors for Christ
- Article December 2019: St. Anne Parish in Ruskin is Forming Missionary Disciples
- Article December 2019: Catholics around the Diocese of St. Petersburg Learn the Steps of Evangelization
- Article December 2019: Sacred Heart Parish, Pinellas Park, Launches Unique Evangelization Efforts
- Article December 2019: Personal Invitation Leads to Transformational Faith at St. Vincent de Paul Parish, Holiday
- Article November 2019: A Monumental Push for Dynamic Parishes Launches in the Diocese of St. Petersburg
- Article November 2019: Saint Mary Our Lady of Grace is Taking Courageous Steps to Evanglize
- Article October 2019: Father Stephen Brown Leads Movement to Change Lives in the Community at St. Paul Parish, St. Petersburg
- Article September 2019: Hispanic Leaders from around the Diocese of St. Petersburg Receive Training on Missionary Discipleship
- Article July 2019: Cathedral of St. Jude the Apostle in St. Petersburg Taps into the Power of Prayer
- Article July 2019: St. Patrick Parish and School in Largo Host Neighborhood Block Party
- Article March 2019: St. John Vianney Parish in St. Pete Beach is Blesesd with Missionary Disciples
- Article December 2018: Christmas Commercial Airing in the Diocese of St. Petersburg Sends Message of Welcome
- Article October 2018: Encuentro Delegates in the Diocese of St. Petersburg Encounter Chirst and Seek to Share Christ
- Article September 2018: Event Seeks to Move Churches in the Diocese of St. Petersburg into Missionary Mode