Courageously Serving Our Brothers & Sisters
We believe that we serve Christ by serving others. Therefore…
We will establish 8 – 10 new locations of affordable housing facilities for families and/or singles throughout the Diocese by the end of 2021.
- Goal Update Citrus County: St. Benedict Apartments in Crystal River, an 18-unit apartment building opened on July 11, 2023.
- Goal Update Hillsborough County:
- Mercy Oaks Apartments opened September 15, 2022. Click here to read the article.
- Las Villas opened on June 22, 2022. This complex features 12 units of affordable housing for homeless individuals for up to one year. A second phase is underway to add an additional 30-50 units.: https://gulfcoastcatholic.org/catholic-charities-open-new-affordable-housing-ruskin
- La Tierra Verde in Tampa, a 47-unit property was purchased in February 2021. It was renovated and is 100% occupied.
- Bella Vista Apartments opened in December 2019 and serves 55 residents with 16 apartments of affordable housing.
- Video about Hillsborough Hope.
- Goal Update Pasco County:
- St. Vincent de Paul CARES opened Ozanam Village III in New Port Richey on May 25, 2021.
- St. Vincent de Paul CARES opened Ozanam Village II in New Port Richey in November of 2020.
- Bethany Family Apartments in Pasco County was converted into affordable housing that features 12 two-bedroom, one-bath units.
- Goal Update Pinellas County: Most Holy Name of Jesus Apartments next to Most Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church in St. Petersburg is under consideration.
- Goal Update Hernando County: St. Teresa Apartments in Brooksville was purchased in January of 2019. It was a motel that was converted into 12 efficiency units of affordable housing for low-income veterans.