The Diocese of St. Petersburg’s 50th Anniversary Mass will be celebrated on Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 11 a.m. at the Cathedral of St. Jude the Apostle (5816 5th Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL 33710).
Due to limited seating, the Anniversary Mass will be a ticketed event and will not be open to the public. However, the Anniversary Mass will be live video streamed online, and broadcast on radio for those who cannot attend in person.
Click here to view/download worship aid for the 50th Anniversary Mass.
Click here to learn about Diocese of St. Petersburg Day, June 17, 2018.
Click here to learn about the impact the Diocese of St. Petersburg had made on our community over the past 50 years.
About the Anniversary Mass:
- Archbishop Christopher Pierre, the pope’s ambassador to the United States (known as an Apostolic Nuncio), has confirmed that he will be attending.
- Five Florida bishops will also be in attendance.
- Bishop Emeritus Robert Lynch will deliver the Homily.
- Bishop Gregory Parkes will be the principal celebrant.
- Priests, sisters, brothers, deacons, seminarians, teachers, administrators, parishioners and other representatives from ministries throughout the Diocese of St. Petersburg will be in attendance.
- Banners that represent each of the Diocese’s 81 parishes and missions will be on display to highlight diocesan unity across our five counties of Pinellas, Hillsborough, Citrus, Pasco and Hernando.
- The Mass will include a reading in Spanish. Also, the Prayer of the Faithful will have petitions in seven different languages, Portuguese, English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Polish, Korean and Tagalog.