Goal: To be a specific resource for the local parish striving to cooperate with local ecclesial communities and non-Christian groups related to social awareness.
- By compiling a working list of area organizations that bring religious groups together to discuss and or react to local social needs.
- By encouraging and supporting local parishes who participate in neighborhood organizations directed at ecumenical support of area concerns.
- By sharing resources, methods or experiences gathered through national organizations, including the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), Catholic Association of Diocesan Ecumenical and Interreligious Officers (CADEIO), St. Leo University Center for Catholic-Jewish Studies and other qualified organizations focused on similar goals.
Goal: To provide better information and awareness to the local parish initiating formats of prayer and fellowship.
- By having available prayer text or event outlines that can be used for ecumenical or interreligious events at the local parish.
- By maintaining a calendar marking local and area opportunities for Ecumenical and Interreligious gatherings.
- By promotion of the annual Week of Prayer for Christian Unity each January 18th to 24th.
Goal: To be accepting of various religions and practices while recognizing their individual talents and resources to accomplish activities for the good of the local area.
- By offering materials or resources to help parish members be more open and understanding of other faith practices.
- By providing parish leaders with opportunities to experience good exchanges of faith awareness between other Christian and/or non-Christian religions.
This ministry is supported through gifts to the Catholic Ministry Appeal.