June 1 marks the start of the Hurricane Season. Everyone needs to be prepared for the unexpected in the event of a storm in our area. Now is the time to plan ahead.
All parishioners are urged to use good judgement when planning to travel to and from Mass. In the event that roadways are not clear and weather conditions are unsafe to travel, the faithful are reminded that the obligation to attend Sunday Mass does not apply when there is grave difficulty in fulfilling this obligation (see Code of Canon Law, Canon 1248 §2)
News and Updates:
If a storm threatens our area, please watch your local news for updates. The Diocesan website and social media will post the latest updates affecting our Diocese. Our Diocesan radio station Spirit FM 90.5 will broadcast those updates as well. Should the radio station go off the air, please stay tuned to your television at WFLA Channel 8 for updates.
State and Federal Resources:
Find resources to help you prepare below. For resources for parishes regarding hurricane preparation, please click here.
- Citrus County Emergency Management
- FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency)
- Florida Division of Emergency Management
- Hernando County Emergency Management
- Hillsborough County Emergency Management
- My Safe Florida Program
- National Hurricane Center
- Pasco County Emergency Management
- Pinellas County Emergency Management
- Ready America for Hurricanes
Helpful Articles & Resources