The Catechism of the Catholic Church (2nd ed., 2000) offers a comprehensive treatment of the Church’s teaching and touches upon every facet of the Christian faith. This work is divided into four main sections: the profession of faith (the Creed), the celebration of the Christian mystery (the Liturgy), life in Christ (the moral life), and Christian prayer.
While references to marriage and family can be found throughout the entire book, the following paragraphs are particularly applicable:
- Male and Female He Created Them (CCC 369-373 and CCC 2331-2336)
- The Sacrament of Matrimony (CCC 1601-1666)
- Nature of the Family; Family and Society (CCC 2201-2213)
- Chastity and Homosexuality (CCC 2357-2359)
- The Love of Husband and Wife (CCC 2360-2379)
This ministry is supported through gifts to the Catholic Ministry Appeal.