The Office for Marriage & Family Office exists to build up the Body of Christ in the Diocese of St. Petersburg by providing a Catholic vision of Sacramental Marriage as an icon of the love between Christ and His Bride, the Church, by validating the family as holy in all of the various dimensions that constitute the family unit, and by regarding the parish community as a family of families and small communities. We offer marriage preparation and enrichment, partner with programs and organizations for marriage renewal and pastoral care, and serve as resource/consultant for parish processes and programs. We are home to the Strong Catholic Families initiative that empowers parish and school leaders to partner with parents in building the domestic church and support parishes in ministering with families throughout the family life cycle. We offer training to parishes in forming and developing small Christian communities as vehicles of missionary discipleship and in incorporating faith sharing into all aspects of parish life. We support parish and diocesan men’s and women’s ministries. We recognize the multicultural make-up of our Diocese and provide and accompany processes, services and programs in English and Spanish.
We Offer, Connect with and/or Support Parishes in:
- Marriage preparation (diocesan programs and resourcing for parish programs and processes)
- Marriage enrichment (diocesan programs and resourcing for parish programs and processes)
- Annual Diocesan Marriage Jubilee Mass
- Counseling referrals
- Pastoral Care of Marriage and Divorce Care
- Strong Catholic Families initiative for parishes and schools
- Resourcing ministry with families
- Promoting, developing, supporting and training small Christian communities and their leadership.
- Building communities that regularly engage in connecting life and faith through reflection and relationship building in all activities.
- Men’s and Women’s Ministries
Family Ministry Initiatives: Each parish’s circumstances, resources and needs vary significantly. Referencing the Parish Plan for the Family Ministry Goal of Courageously Living the Gospel is an excellent starting point as you consider how to accompany families in all the stages of family life. If your pastor/parish team would like assistance in developing strategies to minister with parents, families, couples, etc., please email Diane Kledzik, firstname.lastname@example.org or Debbie Alexander, email@example.com. Parish and School Leaders will find a plethora of resources for all aspects of family ministry at Strong Catholic Family Faith, www.catholicfamilyfaith.org.
Ministry with Families 101 – Spanish: This leadership formation for all whose ministry efforts impact families will be offered in Spanish on Tuesdays, January 12, 19, 26, and February 2, 9, 16, 2021, from 6:30-8:30 p.m., for $40.00 per individual/couple via Zoom. Space is limited! Register here, before January 6, 2021!
Ministerios con Familias 101 (español): Este curso de formación de liderazgo para agentes pastorales cuya labor impacta a las familias será ofrecido en español los martes en enero 12, 19, 26 y en febrero 2, 9, 16 de 2021, de 6:30-8:30 p.m. a un costo de $40.00 por persona o pareja a través de Zoom. ¡El espacio es limitado! ¡Inscríbete aquí antes del 6 de enero, 2021!
Strengthening Families Through Faith
- Resources for Parishes/Schools
- Partnering with Parents – Webinars, Workshops, Trainings, Resources
- Strong Catholic Family Faith curated website for parish and school leaders to partner with parents in bringing home the faith – www.catholicfamilyfaith.org. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/strongcatholicfamilyfaith
- Overview and Resources
- Training and Conferences
- Daily Readings
- Commentaries and Faith Sharing on the Sunday Readings (English, Spanish and Vietnamese): https://www.ascensioncatholic.net/Commentaries-on-the-Sunday-Readings.