“Violence against women, inside or outside the home, is never justified. Violence in any form-physical, sexual, psychological, or verbal is sinful; often, it is a crime as well.” USCCB, When I Call for Help, 2002.
October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month. This year, the sad reality of domestic violence is particularly evident due to the pandemic. More families are at home and not every family is safe in the home, as this year’s theme reminds us: “When Home is Unsafe: Recognizing the Reality of Domestic Violence Today.” Check out the resources in this digital toolkit in English and Spanish offered by Catholics for Family Peace.
The toolkit includes helpful links to:
- social media posts and helpful social media channels
- bulletin announcements for the month of October
- personal prayers and prayers of the faithful
- preaching tips based on scriptural readings that can be used throughout the year
- customizable restroom signs for distribution in parishes
- marriage resources
- instructive podcasts
More resources are available at: