- saying YES to God and to a way of life He has spelled out for us in the Bible. In doing this, we are asked to say NO to the influences in our society that emphasize values and aims that are selfish, thoughtless and opposed to stewardship as a way of life.
- a true step in faith – RECEIVING God’s gifts gratefully, CULTIVATING them responsibly, SHARING them lovingly, and RETURNING them with increase to the Lord.
- TAKING ACTION and returning a portion of what has been shared with us.
- an important part of LIVING A CHRISTIAN LIFE.
- serious CHALLENGE with the current emphasis on materialism, the “me” generation, taking care of ourselves before others, and general acceptance of our focus on our wants.
- a gradual CONVERSION which involves the heart, mind, spirit, values, spending habits and time commitments.
ACTION is the key word – if we are not DOING something, we are not answering the call to stewardship.
How are you putting your faith into action?
- Are you serving on a parish ministry?
- Are you striving to tithe 10% of your income?
- Do you give your talents to a community organization to help others in need?
- Are you part of a prayer group or small Christian community?
- Are you taking time to recognize all that is gift in your life?
Is stewardship alive in your parish? We love to highlight the good works happening in our parishes, and we encourage you to share some of the great stewardship offerings happening in your parish! Please send photos and personal testimonies from parishioners to email@example.com.
Please click here to contact the Office of Stewardship & Development for more information on making stewardship a way of life at your parish.