- Each deanery will launch a Catholic Impact Initiative that addresses one local community issue and mobilizes cross-parish creativity to establish desired outcomes. Initiate implementation by December 31, 2019.
- Goal Update: Click here to read about all the deanery efforts for Courageously Living the Gospel.
- Article: Northern Deanery – Good Counsel Camp
- Article: North Central Deanery – Catholic Youth Sports League
- Article: Central Deanery – Local Parishes Provide Counseling Referral Services
- Article: Parishes Explore Building a Food Bank in Southeast Hillsborugh
- Article: Deans Start Dreaming of a Catholic Impact Initiative
Through these Catholic Impact Initiatives, we are creating a stronger, more relevant and connected Church, Courageously Living the Gospel calls for nine Catholic Impact Initiatives that will change lives in our communities.
These new initiatives are led by the nine vicars forane (deans) of the Diocese of the St. Petersburg. The deans are appointed to serve as liaisons between the bishop and a group of priests in a certain geographic area of the diocese known as a vicariate (deanery). In many ways, they are the bishop’s representatives for coordinating regional collaboration.