If you or someone you know is suffering after abortion, confidential, non-judgmental help is available from Project Rachel, a ministry that fosters forgiveness, hope and healing through a loving relationship with God. For more information, contact Catholic Charities at 813-924-4173 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catholic Charities in the Diocese of St. Petersburg oversees the Project Rachel Ministry in the Tampa Bay area and is blessed with wonderful, compassionate volunteers who are committed to the healing journey of those wounded by abortion. For years, they have offered Rachel’s Vineyard Weekend Retreats, Raphael’s Way Day retreats, and the 8-week Beyond Regret support group program.
Now they are introducing a new program: “A Son’s Journey – Raphael’s Way,” which is a day retreat for men who have been involved in an abortion decision (i.e. father of the baby, father of woman who had an abortion, male friend who drove an individual to get the abortion.) These men are abortion’s other victims.
“Our prayer is that that this new program will be responding directly to the challenge of offering the grace of God’s unconditional love and mercy to men who are post-abortive,” said Emma Boe, Project Rachel Director.
Below is an overview of the upcoming programs offered by Project Rachel Ministry in the Diocese of St. Petersburg:
- 2019 Rachel’s Vineyard Weekend Retreats
- English: March 8-10, June 14-16, and Dec. 6-8 and Spanish: Sept. 13-15
- Bethany Retreat Center, 18150 Bethany Center Dr, Lutz
- Retreats are open to men, women, couples, or other family members impacted by an abortion decision.
- A Son’s Journey: Raphael’s Way
- March 16, 2019
- House of Prayer, 702 S Bayview Ave, Clearwater
- The retreat is open to men only.
- To register or for additional information contact the main facilitator, Michael Nielubowicz at 813-853-6627 / email@example.com.
- Raphael’s Way 10 Hour Retreat
- August 2-3. 2019
- St. Luke Parish, 2757 Alderman Rd, Palm Harbor
For more information, visit https://foundationsoflife.org/facts-about-abortion/post-abortion-story.
About Project Rachel
Project Rachel, a ministry to those who have been involved in abortion, is a diocesan-based network of specially trained priests, religious, counselors, and laypersons who provide a team response of care for those suffering in the aftermath of abortion. In addition to referring for Sacramental Reconciliation, the ministry provides an integrated network of services, including pastoral counseling, support groups, retreats and referrals to licensed mental health professionals. It is open to people of all faiths or no faith.