Diocesan Marriage Enrichment Series
This lecture-style series is offered in the Winter, Summer and Fall. Each session is presented by a marriage and family therapist. Married couples are welcome to participate in as many sessions as they wish and do not have to be taken in consecutive order.
The Marriage Enrichment series includes the following topics:
Session 1 – Family of Origin
Session 2 – Communication
Session 3 – The Many Moods of Marriage
Session 4 – Blended Families (for those with minor/dependent children from previous relationships)
Please click here for the current brochure or contact Debbie Alexander at 727-341-6847 or email@example.com.
Resources for Marriage Enrichment
Growing Healthy Marriages
- 10 Great Dates® To Energize Your Marriage – This award-winning, easy-to-do, fun, broad, bible- and skill-based marriage education program disguised as 10 fun dates is now updated complete with a new expanded edition of the book with the latest research and input from millennium couples. Plus new, cutting-edge multi-media presentations make launching the dates easy and fun. Even presenter notes are included! Contact: 865-690-5887, Arps@marriagealive.com
- Annunciation Ministries – Their mission is to strengthen the vocation of marriage through consultation, training, events, and resources for parishes, and married couples.
- Be Light: A Marriage Formation Movement (Witness to Love)
- Be More: A Marriage Formation Retreat (Witness to Love)
- BELOVED: Finding Happiness in Marriage – Home Edition (Augustine Institute) – A video-based enrichment program that explores the true meaning of the Sacrament of Marriage. In six sessions, you’ll discover the deepest spiritual, emotional, and practical realities of what your marriage can and should be. Through an exploration of Scripture, Tradition, and Church teaching, God’s plan for your marriage will come alive. Watch the trailer for Beloved: Finding Happiness in Marriage
- Better Together (Dynamic Catholic)
- Building a Eucharistic Marriage (Gregory D. Schutte, MSW, LISW-S)
- Catholic Couple Checkup – An online relationship assessment (powered by PREPARE/ENRICH) that couples can take without the help of a facilitator or counselor.
- Celebrate Marriage – Celebrate Marriage offers ongoing opportunities for you to connect throughout your marriage.
- Christian Family Movement – This network of families supports each other in living their faith in daily life at home, in the workplace, and in their communities. In the U.S. and internationally. English and Spanish.
- Diálogo Matrimonial (MDS) – English | Spanish
- Ever More in Love – Everyday Skills Courses, Weekend Immersion Retreat for your parish
- For Your Marriage / PorTuMatrimonio – A wonderful source of information, and it is the hope of the Church that this initiative will strengthen and enrich the relationships of those who are planning to marry as well as those who are already married. List of various Marriage Enrichment Resources from For Your Marriage. For Your Marriage Facebook Page.
- For Your Military Marriage – An initiative of Worldwide Marriage Encounter to enrich, affirm and encourage military married couples in their relationships and families, and to offer the resources and support of an online network of Catholic military married couples for every age and every stage of married life.
- Marriage in Christ – Resources to Strengthen Your Marriage
- REFOCCUS Marriage Enrichment Inventory (FOCCUS Marriage Ministries)
- RESTORE – Catholic Marriage Resource (Parish) – Catholic online support for your marriage! RESTORE seeks to remove many of the common roadblocks that couples will face when needing help, and equip them with the skills and support they need to have a vibrant and fulfilling marriage. RESTORE offers an ever-expanding library of resources to meet couples where they are. Struggling Marriages/Enrichment | Affair Recovery | Parish-Based Marriage Enrichment
- SIX DATES for Catholic Couples (Happy Together)
- SmartLoving BreakThrough – SmartLoving BreakThrough is a practical, solution-focused course for all stages of marriage. Drawing on contemporary research and Catholic theology, this course will arm you with skills and insights to transform your relationship into the thriving, joy-filled encounter it’s meant to be.
- SmartLoving Marriage Kit – The Marriage Kit offers a refreshing look into what it takes to build a healthy and happy relationship. Delivered online and with video presentations guiding couples through the course, it offers practical strategies, insights, and a dash of humor to help revitalize and strengthen marriages.
- SmartLoving Newlywed Date Nites – Newlywed Date Nites is a program to support couples in their first year of marriage. Sent via email every second week, each Date Nite includes topic information, reflection questions, and a discussion guide for a 30-minute relationship activity that can be easily incorporated into a regular couple date.
- Teams of Our Lady – A global, small group movement of “Married Spirituality” which brings together Christian couples united by the Sacrament of Marriage; and who wish, together, to deepen the graces of their Sacrament of Marriage. Local Teams of Our Lady: https://www.dosp.org/marriage-and-family/teams-of-our-lady/
- The Alexander House: Covenant of Love Ministry – The internationally recognized Covenant of Love ministry programs can help to build a thriving parish community by building and supporting strong, joyful, and lasting marriages focused on God’s plan for marriage.
- The BEATITUDES: A Couple’s Path to Greater Joy (Happy Together) – This marriage enrichment program explores the Beatitudes as a path to holiness in Christian marriage.
- The Cana Institute – Cana Institute guides couples toward vibrant marriages by helping them understand the dynamics between the spiritual and problem-solving components of marriage.
- The Choice Wine (Paradisus Dei)
- The Marriage Course (Alpha) – English and Spanish (subtitles)
- The Second Half of Marriage – This small group resource is designed to help couples renew and re-energize their marriage for the empty nest years.
- The Virtues (Happy Together) – A parish based marriage enrichment program that uses a variety of media to touch as many people as possible with a positive message about marriage and the importance of mastering the good habits we call the Cardinal Virtues.
- Together in Holiness (St. John Paul II Foundation) – a year-round formation series for couples in parishes, schools, and small communities
- United in Love United in Christ (Faith and Marriage)
- Worldwide Marriage Encounter – The largest pro-marriage organization in the world focuses on promoting weekend experiences for couples who want to make their good marriage even better.
- Weekend Experiences – Local WWME Community: www.flwc-wwme.org.
- MARRIED AND IN LOVE…MOST OF THE TIME! – One-day marriage enrichment offering to host in your parish. Contact Dave and Lucy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help for Troubled Marriages
- Retrouvaille™ – A program to Help Couples Heal and Renew their Marriages. Thousands of couples headed for cold, unloving relationships or divorce have successfully overcome their marriage problems by attending the program. Contact Retrouvaille of Tampa Bay at (727) 343-6701 or email@example.com.
This ministry is supported through gifts to the Catholic Ministry Appeal.